Policies & Accessibility
PROVIDING A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE ATMOSPHERE
Our staff works diligently to ensure a safe environment for all of our guests. We take every step necessary to ensure the safety of all who attend the Covelli Centre events. Security personnel reserve the right to determine the method of security checks as deemed prudent and necessary. These may include metal detectors, and searches of jackets, clothing and other items upon entry to the arena.
In accordance with heightened homeland security standards being employed by arenas across the country, the Covelli Centre will be strictly enforcing our security policies. The only exceptions will be for medical necessities. We ask that you consult the Covelli Centre security policies below, where banned items and medical necessity procedures are outlined.
The Covelli Centre will review all donation requests at the beginning of each quarter. In order to be considered for a donation, you must email your request to Sarah Dubos SDubos@jacmg.com. If you have any questions, please call 330-746-5256.
NO BAG POLICY
Only clear and see-through bags no larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″ and clutches no larger than 8.5″ x 5.5″ x 1″ will be permitted. Exceptions may be made for medical bags and diaper bags.
WHAT ITEMS YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING INTO THE COVELLI CENTRE:
- No laser pointers, air horns, or noise makers.
- In accordance with Ohio concealed carry law and right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Covelli Centre, Wean park, and Youngstown Foundation Amphitheater.
- No weapons of any type, or other items deemed dangerous by security.
- No large bags, backpacks, or sealed containers (including gifts for entertainers)
- No bottles, cans, flasks, thermoses or coolers.
- No outside food or beverages of any kind may be brought into Covelli Centre. Concession stands sell a wide variety of food, alcohol, and non-alcoholic beverages to accommodate your needs. Exceptions will be made for small children’s snacks in clear plastic baggies or unopened juice pouches. 1 per child. No juice boxes. Patrons requesting to bring in outside food or beverage for health conditions must contact email@example.com prior to coming to the arena.
- No long chains.
- No video recorders, audio recorders or similar electronic devices, including iPads and tablets.
- No professional cameras.
- All non-permitted items must be returned to your vehicle. Covelli Centre will not assume responsibility for these items. Confiscated items will not be returned.
WHAT ITEMS YOU ARE PERMITTED TO BRING INTO THE COVELLI CENTRE:
- Diaper bags are permitted after security search.
- Binoculars and cell phones are permitted after security search.
- Banners and signs may only be brought into building after authorization from Security, or Marketing Director. Banners and signs may not be hung up, and must be removed after conclusion of event.
The following behaviors are grounds for eviction from the Covelli Centre. Once removed from the arena there will be no re-entry. Continued attempts to re-enter after removal may result in arrest.
- Use of profanity or unacceptable language towards guests or employees
- Possession of illegal or unauthorized items
- Unacceptable or indecent dress
- Failure to obey or follow smoking policy
- Use of illegal substances, or public drunkenness
- Enter, or attempt to enter any “off limits” areas such as playing surface, stage area, backstage or restroom of opposite sex
- Participating in a fight
- Verbally abusing, threatening or intimidating other guests or arena employees
- Throwing of any objects or projectiles, anywhere in the building
No professional cameras with lenses above 6 inches.
The Covelli Centre has a no re-entry policy. After exiting the building you will not be permitted to return, unless on an emergency basis that was authorized by security.
There is a first aid station located across from section 203 on the north concourse. EMS staff contracted through Humility of Mary Health Partners is on site for all events, and an ambulance is standing by for transport.
In accordance with Ohio Revised Code section 955.43, trained service dogs assisting guests are welcome inside the arena. Dogs must be kept on a leash or harness at all times, and not occupy a seat. If the dog is in training the agency training the dog must have an insurance policy and produce proof of the policy, protecting the public from injury.
In accordance with Chapter 3794 of the Ohio Revised code, smoking is prohibited inside the Covelli Centre. A smoking section is located outside building, behind section 217 on the south concourse. Smoking is defined to include any and all electronic cigarettes, or E-cigarettes.
No solicitation, collecting of contributions, signatures, vending, or distribution of fliers or other promotional or advertising materials is permitted anywhere on the premises.
LOST AND FOUND
Lost and found is located at the administration desk. Items can be retrieved Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. The administration desk’s phone number is 330-746-5600 (ex. 5104). Lost items can be given to any security guard, usher, or supervisor to be taken to lost and found.
- No curbside parking around the Covelli Centre is permitted. Unattended vehicles parked in no parking areas will be towed at owner’s expense.
- An ADA parking lot is located on south side of building. 26 handicap spots are marked as handicapped only, and this policy is strictly enforced. In the event of a large amount of handicapped patrons an additional section directly behind the marked handicapped area is opened up for an additional 26 spaces.
- Passenger drop off and pick up is at the turn around area outside of the VIP Entrance on the west side of the arena. At no time are any vehicles permitted to be parked in this area.
ATMs are located inside the VIP Entrance, and near the smoking section, behind section 217.
The Covelli Centre’s doors open one hour before the start of each event, unless specifically requested by the show. Opening times can be delayed by the show until they are prepared to accommodate the public.
ADA SEATING AND ACCESSIBILITY
Please contact a Covelli Centre representative at 330-746-5600 (ex. 5104) for help with ADA ticket purchases. Advance ticket purchase may be required.
The Covelli Centre is an ADA friendly building. It is accessible and comfortable to accommodate your special needs. To better accommodate your needs, we request that all special seating accommodations be solicited only through one of our representatives.
- Automatic doors are located at each entrance to the Covelli Centre.
- Wheelchairs are available for customers use. They can be picked up at the VIP Entrance. We cannot reserve wheelchairs in advance. If a guest requires a wheelchair, it would be advisable to provide your own as the Covelli Centre cannot guarantee the availability of a wheelchair.
- Each of the six men’s and eight women’s restrooms, as well as the 2 unisex/family restrooms on the main concourse are handicap accessible. The suite level has an additional six handicap accessible restrooms.
- Restroom signs are displayed in Braille.
- Water fountains throughout the building are wheelchair height accessible.
- Handicap seating is located in sections 204 and 218. Both sections have ramps and can accommodate a companion. In addition to these areas we provide a row of seating above the main bowl (sections 219-222) row “T” that can be accessed via the elevator located at the VIP Entrance.
- Hearing Impaired Devises are available upon request. Please contact Tracey Biery at TBiery@covellicentre.com.
SensoPlay has provided the Covelli Centre with Sensory Kits and a sample social story of an event so guests with special needs can have the best experience possible! SensoPlay kits are designed to support individuals of all ages with a variety of sensory needs.
Each kit includes an assortment of useful tools to help individuals enjoy an event with greater comfort. Kits also include identification, in the event that an individual is separated from their family at the event.
These sensory kits include:
- Drawstring bag
- Noise canceling headphones
- Antiglare glasses
- Sensory fidget toys
- Communication Card
- Sanitizing wipes and tissues
- ID wristband
- 2 ID cards
- Dry erase marker
- Venue map
These sensory kits and social story can be picked up at the box office at the event. A parent or adult will be required to leave a valid ID/license, which will be returned once bags are brought back to the box office. You can also download the social story prior to the event. This is a complimentary service.
Click here to read the Covelli Centre SensoPlay social story