Job Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: Executive Director
Pay / FLSA : Full Time – Salary / Exempt
Directs and coordinates operations personnel, subcontractors, and daily activities involved in the successful execution of events and efficient maintenance of the facilities (Covelli Centre, Youngstown Foundation Amphitheater and surrounding park grounds) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to direct reports, assuring the highest quality service program to assure booking/rebooking of events. Ensures an effective and cost efficient program by controlling departmental operating budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct, supervise, and schedule all aspects of operations, including engineering, building and ground maintenance, housekeeping staff, set-ups and changeovers, fire and life safety, Public Facility ADA compliance and security.
• Develop and implement operating procedures that conform to corporate standards, customized to the specific needs of the facility and consistent with the goals and the objectives of the client, facility and corporation.
• Oversee maintenance of physical plant and systems.
• Manage subordinate supervisors who oversee employees in various functions. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; working closely with the HR department in addressing employee complaints and resolving problems.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and recommend an annual capital budget for long range repairs and improvements to the facility. Authorize the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
• Know and guarantee all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed. Develop program to train all employees on fire/life safety and emergency procedures.
• Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational problems and complaints. Conduct periodic staff meetings to discuss procedures, problems, and policy changes.
• Work closely with Executive Director in the preparation and negotiation of service agreements. Review contracts for compliance with events and/or government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
• Coordinate and oversee with senior management to develop strategic plans to address clients’ needs and formulate new ideas concerning the Centre/Amphitheater that increase guest services and/or increase revenue and/or reduce operating cost.
• Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, and safety and risk management policies in compliance with all corporate and governmental regulations.
• Oversees the advancing and communication event information to the appropriate departments and staff
• Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down, (i.e. ice conversions, basketball floor installation, stage, chairs, signs, expos etc.)
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Manages subordinate supervisors in all operations departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with JAC’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Business, Sports Management, Engineering or related field in addition to (5-7) years’ experience in the public assemblies’ facilities industry in a supervisory or management position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, and event related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of facilities’ electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and other systems.
• Possess skills and experience in budget preparation, purchasing procedures and supervising/training personnel.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must have professional attitude and appearance.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent knowledge of computers as well as basic computer programs.( AutoCAD desired )
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility (ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-14 hours daily as well as the ability to frequently lift in the excess of 50 pounds. This position is also exposed to adverse conditions including inclement weather, noise fumes etc.
Please send all resumes to CAREERS@JACMG.COM by September 30, 2018 5:00pm EST